Learn the craft of directing motion projects for TVC, video content, documentary & features from a leading commercial director.
With video production consistently taking a bigger portion of marketing budgets, future-proof your business by learning the skills that will capitalise on your existing client relationships and open up new markets.
Walk away with insider tips and tricks from the director’s chair as Mo MacRae pulls back the curtain on video production and reveals real world tactics that consistently deliver quality and profitability. Mo’s unique approach and breakdown of the production process is the ultimate cheat-sheet for directing engaging and powerful video content in any genre through any channel.
This workshop is designed for professional and semi-professional photographers.
The workshop schedule will be as follows:
9:00am – 9.30am
- Meet & greet.
- The drug of moving pictures & the creative skill of our age.
- Stop leaving money on the table.
9:30am – 10:45am
THE DIRECTOR’S MINDSET
- The real job of directing; the 80%.
- Directing is not just directing talent – directing your audience, your client & your crew.
- Selecting the right project.
10:45am – 11:00am
- Morning Tea
11:00am – 1:00pm
THE DIRECTOR’S METHOD: Intention, Vision, Production.
- Part 1: Intention. How to direct your audience.
- Diagnose, prescribe, administer.
- Storytelling & the art of influence.
- Part 2: Vision. How to direct your client.
- Be the authority, become the director.
- Pitch perfect; 12 essential elements of a job winning treatment.
1:00pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Part 3: Production. How to direct your cast & crew.
- The 9 gates of perfect production.
- Post production; the art of letting go.
- Get crewed without getting screwed. The crew you need for different jobs and the crew you don’t.
- The director on set; thoughts, words, actions.
3:00pm – 3:15pm
- Afternoon tea
3:15pm – 4:30pm
THE DIRECTOR'S CAREER
- Earn while you learn
- Income, influence, inspiration
The ticket cost is $858 inc GST per person.
Lunch & refreshments included.
Places are strictly limited.
About Mo MacRae
Simon “Mo” MacRae is one of Australia's most in demand commercial directors, with over 25 years experience in advertising and film production working on international brands such as Volvo, CNN, Intel, Coca-Cola & Reebok in Sydney, Singapore and New York.
In 2007 Mo won the million dollar screenplay competition, Project Greenlight Australia, with his brother Kenn. They went on to direct their feature film “The View From Greenhaven” starring Wendy Hughes & Chris Haywood, which ran in cinemas across Australia and New Zealand for 31 weeks.
He has gone on to direct some of Australia’s most loved TV commercials including Mother Energy Drink, Gatorade with Tim Cahill and the Sam Kekovich “Australia Day” ads for AMLC (Lamb).
As an agency creative turned director who never went to film school, Mo has the ultimate cheat-sheet for helping great thinkers get better ideas onto the screen, and giving talented creative professionals the tools and method they need to direct great motion content.