Call for Entries | 2017 Emerging Photographer AwardShare This
SUNSTUDIOS opens entries for the 2017 Emerging Photographer Award.
Founded in 2009, the Emerging Photographer Award is recognised as one of Australia’s top competitions in the emerging photographic industry, synonymous with unearthing the creative flair and raising the profile of up-and-coming photographic talent.
In previous years we have invited artistic interpretations based on a photographic theme, but this year we are mixing it up and celebrating complete creative freedom, inviting emerging photographers and assistants to simply submit a single series, consisting of 3-5 images, of their best personal body of work.
Finalists and winners will have their work judged by some of Australia's best photographers and industry professionals, culminating in an exhibition in the atrium gallery on Thursday 21st September 2017.
Submission is free, and you could win one of three fantastic prizes up for grabs:
Exhibition at SUNSTUDIOS including printing, mounting and opening night costs.
Runner Up Prize
$4000 “Canon” Dollars to spend in the SUNSTUDIOS retail showroom.
Highly Commended Prize
6-month flexi membership in The Treehouse Co-Working Space.
Studio hire and equipment rental package.
This year we are pleased to have some of the industry's best on board as judges.
- Steven Chee, fashion and beauty photographer;
- Sean Izzard, commercial advertising photographer and founder of the Pool Collective;
- Marija Ivkovic, fashion photographer;
- Dave Varney, Senior Art Director, Leo Burnett Sydney.
In the judging process, equal weight will be given to the following areas:
- Technical ability,
- Creative execution,
- Cohesive theme through the body of work.
How to enter:
- Read the full Terms & Conditions.
- Submit a single series/body of work consisting of 3-5 images which reflects “your best personal work”, together with a title for each image and 150 words or less describing what the series of images is about.
- Submit to SUNSTUDIOS Australia via ftp (weTransfer, Dropbox, Hightail) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure no entries are missed, please follow up with a separate email confirming your application.
- All Entries must be received by no later than midnight (AEST) 13 August 2017.
- Entries must be in digital form.
- Images forming part of an Entry must be supplied as high resolution processed TIFF or JPEG RGB files with an embedded ICC profile.
- Entries must be the Entrant’s own original work. If an Entry contains any third party copyright material, such as a third party artwork in the background of an image, the Entrant must have sufficient rights to capture that content in their Entry and to submit the Entry into the Competition.
- Entries must not be produced for, or used as part of, a commercial project or body of work.
- Please ensure you read the full Terms & Conditions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get shooting!Back to Events