Canon today announces an addition to the revolutionary EOS R System: the compact EOS RP , alongside a roadmap for a further six RF lenses to be added to their fleet throughout 2019.
Following just months after the launch of the revolutionary EOS R System, the EOS RP is Canon’s smallest, lightest full frame digital interchangeable lens camera to date, blending practicality, ease of use and impressive image quality. The EOS RP also allows photographers and videographers to explore and utilise Canon’s full portfolio of EF and EF-S lenses with use of adaptors.
- 26.2 Megapixel full frame CMOS sensor
- Canon’s lightest and most compact full frame camera (35% lighter and 25% smaller than 6D Mark II. 25% lighter and 10% smaller than EOS R)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 4K Movie
- DIGIC 8 processor
- Three EF-EOS R adapter options enabling compatibility with EF and EF-S lenses
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- RF Lens Mount + Compatible with EF and EF-S lenses via adapter
- LCD Touch Screen with Touch & Drag AF
Canon also announces the development of six new RF lenses for release in 2019, including the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM – practical in both size and performance. It is a versatile all-purpose lens for the advanced amateur photographer or videographer offering a range of focal lengths for capturing extraordinary shots.
- The RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM is an L-series wide angle zoom lens with a large f/2.8 widest aperture, made possible by the large diameter mount and short back focus of the EOS R system. This wide zoom lens features an f/2.8 brightness and coverage of a highly versatile focal length of ultra-wide 15mm all the way to 35mm, and an Image Stabilizer. This addition in the RF lens line up is expected to be a lens of choice in various scenes including landscape, portraiture, weddings and general snapshots.
- The RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM is an L-series standard zoom lens with a large f/2.8 widest aperture, made possible by the large diameter mount and short back focus of the EOS R system.
In addition to providing stunning optical performance expected of an L-lens, this high performance standard zoom lens is compact enough to carry around. The RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM is expected to be a highly versatile lens suited for various shooting situations and scenes including landscape, portraiture, night scenery and photo journalism.
- The RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM is an L-series telephoto zoom lens with a significantly more compact body, made possible by the large diameter mount and short back focus of the EOS R system.
This highly mobile telephoto zoom is expected to provide a revamped shooting experience for capturing the decisive moments in sports, wedding, landscape, wildlife and aerial photography.
- The RF 85mm F1.2L USM is a large aperture mid-telephoto prime lens, offering the ultimate performance for advanced and professional portrait photographers.
Featuring stunning edge-to-edge resolution even at the maximum aperture of f/1.2, this prime lens is expected to broaden possibilities in portrait shooting.
- The RF 85mm F1.2L USM DS, with Defocus Smoothing, is a unique high-performance lens, offering a combination of beautifully smooth, defocused foreground and background bokeh and a super-fast aperture to produce breathtaking portraits.
DS stands for Defocus Smoothing, and this will be Canon's first lens to equip this special vapor-deposition coating technology that produces smoother, softer bokeh making it perfect for portraits.
- The RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM is a great travel companion – practical in both size and performance.
Compact and lightweight, whilst covering a wide 24mm to a telephoto 240mm, we expect that this highly versatile lens will add great value to the overall EOS R system in both still and video shooting.
The EOS RP is compatible with the existing range of RF lenses.
Coming soon to SUNSTUDIOS Sydney and Melbourne.
Speak to our showroom team for updates on pre-order.
SYDNEY RETAIL: email@example.com P: +61 2 9641 5544
MELBOURNE RETAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org P: +61 3 8695 9700